Travel like a local in San Luis Obispo, California
Every time I walk by Bubblegum Alley on the beautiful tree-lined streets of downtown SLO, I wonder why it became a map-worthy attraction. It’s pretty much my worst fear – other people’s chewed gum in close proximity to not only to my shoe, but my whole body. Gross. And it doesn’t even make the top 100 of what locals (aka SLOCALS) are doing in this darling city. Instead, check out these family-friendly things to do, eat, drink and shop in San Luis Obispo, CA:
- Hike a mountain and slay a sando at Lincoln Market or High Street Deli.
- Cheer on the Mustangs.
- Watch a Shell Beach sunset or put your toes in the sand in Avila.
- Take in the vineyard vistas at a family-friendly winery and tasting room at Biddle Ranch, Talley Vineyards or Tooth & Nail.
- Shop downtown and support darling local shops like Len Collective, Eco Bambino, Ambiance and Boo Boo Records.
- Pick up some veggies at the Thursday night Downtown SLO Farmer’s Market.
- Enjoy farm-to-table eats at Giuseppe’s and Novo or sushi at Goshi.
- Bike everywhere. Road cycling, mountain biking or just plain cruising.
- Read a book or remote work at Scout Coffee or Kreuzberg.
- Treat the kids [and yo’ self] to an ice cream at Batch, Doc Burnstein’s or Nite Creamery.
From restaurants to outdoor adventure, San Luis Obispo is a very kid-friendly city. So bring your family, have some adventures and offer a smile to passerbys, Slocals are a friendly bunch. And try to stay out of any sticky situations.